The success of a software application is defined by its reach. Ensuring that a large set of users are benefitted by the application or product, is essential for business growth. This emphasizes the need for IT products to be functioning well across a myriad of hardware, software, network and browser versions.
Testree has an array of rich tools and operates in real time test environments necessary for thorough application compatibility testing of the applications for their compatibility in multiple environments.
Through its software compatibility testing services, Testree has a proven track record of ensuring compatibility of software systems to an array of platforms, browsers, devices, web servers, databases, peripherals like printer, USB, DVD drive etc and third party applications like payment gateways as can be seen below:
Testree’s Application Compatibility Testing Methodology
We adopt an experimental approach to application compatibility testing. We create multiple sets of real test environments with different configurations of hardware, software, operating systems, networks and database servers and perform software compatibility testing to ensure their compatibility to all configurations.
Testree’s Application Compatibility Testing methodology can be summarized as follows:
We analyze the application’s scope and determine the set of hardware and software parameters to be included in the software compatibility testing. Based on the application’s user base, we arrive at an optimal set of environments to be tested for compatibility.
We design the test environments and prepare comprehensive testing strategies based on the established scope and system configurations matrix to be tested.
Our seasoned quality consultants execute application compatibility testing with innovative methodologies and specialized tools. We use a fusion of manual and automated testing methods according to the demands of the applications.
We produce detailed defect reports with the list of environments covered in testing and the incompatibilities identified. We also provide consultation with the analysis of possible reasons and recommendations for resolving the issues.
Testree’s Cross-Browser Compatibility Testing
The user interface of an IT application can make or mar its success. Its compatibility to multiple browsers is very important in achieving the desired objective of the application.
Testree’s expert team verifies the consistency of user experience and functionality of applications across multitude of browsers like Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, Opera etc.
We use latest tools to support our application compatibility testing like
- BrowserShots – A popular open source online tool with multiple browser combinations for Windows and Linux platforms.
- Adobe BrowserLab – A tool to check compatibility of selected browser and OS combinations and compare the results.
- Linkbot – To check broken HTML links in a webpage.
- W3CValidation Tools & Utilities – For W3C Compliance checking like HTML and CSS validation and for cross browser compatibility testing
Testree’s Database Application Compatibility Testing
Today’s IT applications need to maintain volumes of complex data. The performance of applications largely relies on the efficiency of the supporting databases. Database validation is made to ensure the application’s speed, reliability and its consistency of performance in different versions of databases.
Testree has vast experience in testing different versions of databases like SQL, DB2, Oracle 8.0, 9.0, 10, 11, 11.2G and Sybase 12.5
Testree’s Network Compatibility Testing
Testree performs thorough web and mobile application compatibility testing across various networking hardware with different bandwidth, speed and capacity. We validate compatibility to various hardware platforms like Firewalls and Proxies, web servers and applications servers. We also verify the compatibility of the peripheral devices.
Our Network and server compatibility testing is supported by the following set of software and hardware:
- Microsoft ISA Firewall with Proxy server, Microsoft TMG Firewall with Proxy server, Sonic wall hardware firewall
- Compatibility of peripheral devices like Printers connected in various places and DVD Drives like HP 12A, 24A, 49A
- Other System Software (Web server, Application Server, etc.) - Web server and application servers like IIS, Plesk, Apache Tomcat, Xammpare
Testree Value Proposition
Testree’s value-added software compatibility testing services save time and money of customers. The unique advantages of our application compatibility testing services are:
- Highly customer-oriented, with a huge set of predefined configurations and flexibility in creating a comprehensive collection of browsers, OS, hardware, etc.
- An intelligent blend of real test environments and virtual systems
- Readymade checklist of system configurations for easy customization
- Swift implementation of pre-launch compatibility tests with less time and QA resources.
Software compatibility testing by Testree eliminates all probabilities of customer dissatisfaction due to system incompatibilities and promotes prudent launch of universal applications.