Auditing of Software Development Processes and audit of the most crucial aspect – Software Testing Process, are important in order to ascertain transparency and reliability of IT systems. Auditing in the context of testing helps in ensuring that the entire testing process is followed as defined earlier.
Testree with its consulting service expertise in auditing test coverage in software testing , can help the enterprise in estimating and determining the test coverage audit metrics which is also useful in analyzing the severity, age, pattern and effect and impact of the defects. Testree has enabled enterprises in discovering bottlenecks of the applications and processes. With a diverse client base, Testree is equipped with a set of proprietary testing tools for multifarious testing types which encompass functional testing on a protocol level, performance testing, failover and recovery testing, and capacity testing.
Testree provides consulting services to audit test coverage in software testing in the following areas:
- Requirements Traceability and Test Coverage Analysis
- Test Coverage measurement and analysis of:
- Defect density
- Defect trend
- Defect leakage
- The expertise levels of the enterprise in the different methodologies
- Effectiveness of the test approach adopted by the enterprise
- Measuring and improving the test efficiency
- Putting in place precautionary measures before the project goes out of control
TESTREE CONSULTING AUDIT HELPS IN EXECUTING A COMPREHENSIVE AUDIT
- Test environment Management Services
- Testing all aspects of the QA process such as the test environments, their limitations and differences from the production environment
- Test Methodology in Use
- QA processes and procedures in use
- Existing test scenarios, their quality and coverage / regression test libraries
- The level of test automation and its approach
- Production bugs detected in the past
- Documentation of these findings in a report
Once the audit is done, Testree through its test environment management services also provides consulting on improvement of the strategy, suggestions for improvement of test environment, Introduction of data players or stubs that can complete the test environment, provide enhancement for existing scripts with the test cases etc.
Testree helps in creating health environment checks and once the analysis is completed, a strategy and detailed plan is made.
Based on what the audit is meant to achieve, the test processes can be categorized as follows:
Auditing for Compliance Verification:
The prime motive is to ascertain if the process is in compliance with the standards. Actual testing process is compared with the standards and checks are done to see if the test is conducted as per documented standards.
Process Improvement / Problem Solving audit:
Prime aim in this audit is to audit and trace the various steps in the process and wean out process problems. This is done in cases where in spite of testing processes being followed there may be cases where the software defects are not detected.
Root Cause Analysis Audit
This is done to find the root cause of the specific problem. Retracing our steps to find what went wrong in the specific instance this takes us back to the situation to analyze and correct.
Initiated from within the organization, as the name indicates.
Initiated by external agencies.